It’s that time of year again where we get our creative juices flowing for the annual RAPDASA Design Competition. The theme for our 2022 competition is as follows:
Industrialization of 3D Printing
This theme blends in well with the theme of this year’s conference: Digital Technology in Production Development and would hopefully provide a welcome challenge to 3D designers across the country to exploit the advantages of 3D printing. In an attempt to bring about competitiveness amongst entries while staying relevant, the competition categories have been removed from this year’s competition.
To really put the best 3D designers in South Africa to the test, the competition for 2022 will run for 6 weeks only! To further challenge you, you will be limited to design for any powder bed process, using only 1500mm3 of powder. You will be expected to design a multi-tool which can be applied to any industry, your tool must have a combination of a minimum of 3 tools all combined into a single multi-tool. Your entry will be judged against criteria:
- Aesthetic appeal
- 3d-printing knowledge
- Freedom of expression
In the event of a draw, points will be awarded to the quality of the presentation and supportive documentation.
How to enter:
- Give your 3D model a title and description
- Upload an image of your 3D model
- Enter your details and submit before midnight on Monday 24th October 2022
- Explain the function of your design in a supporting document in PDF format which includes visuals and renderings
- Email your model in .STP or .STL format along with your supporting document to email@example.com
- 1st: R8000.00
- 2nd: R5000.00
- 3rd: R3000.00
All winning entries will be printed by the CRPM to scale using Nylon SLS.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY, Click here for the T's & C's.