Call for Papers
Instructions in this section is relevant to extended abstracts and full papers for both the Pre-conference seminar on Design and additive manufacturing of titanium parts as well as the RAPDASA conference.
Participants in RAPDASA 2019 have the opportunity to take part in the following categories:
- Academic participation in the Pre-conference seminar. To participate in the seminar, an extended abstract as well as a full paper is required. The seminar was established as a developmental platform for young upcoming researchers and is thus mainly aimed at student presentations in the field of design and additive manufacturing of titanium parts. On acceptance of the extended abstract, participants will be requested to submit a full paper. Submitted papers will be subjected to the same double-blind peer review process as the RAPDASA conference papers. Successful papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected high quality papers will be submitted for publication in the South African Journal of Industrial Engineering.
- Academic participation in the RAPDASA conference with a paper in the proceedings of conference. An extended abstract as well as a full paper need to be submitted for this category. On acceptance of the extended abstract, participants will be requested to submit a full paper. Submitted papers will be subjected to a double-blind peer review process. Successful papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected high quality papers will be submitted for publication in the South African Journal of Industrial Engineering.
- Participation in the RAPDASA Conference without a paper in the proceedings of the conference. Only an extended abstract need to be submitted for this category. This category is mainly aimed at our industry partners.
Extended Abstract submission guidelines
- Extended abstracts may be submitted electronically only by e-mail to email@example.com in Microsoft Word 2007 or later format, using the prescribed RAPDASA template. Download the template here. Please indicate on the template in what category you will be participating.
- Only two submissions per registration will be accommodated.
- The extended abstracts must be submitted in English, and must not exceed 2 pages.
- List all the authors and their affiliations clearly (e.g. “University of Pretoria”).
- Abstracts will be accepted on an ad hoc basis as it is received.
- All abstracts will be reviewed and will be selected based on suitability with regards to the conference theme.
- Notification of acceptance by the program committee will be sent via e-mail to the author.
- The time allotted for each oral presentation will depend on the session to which the abstract is allocated.
- English will be the language for all presentations.
- Failure to register by the presenting author will automatically imply that the abstract will not be included in the Final Programme.
Full Paper submission guidelines
- Papers may be submitted electronically onlyby e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word 2007 or later format, using the prescribed RAPDASA template. Download the template for full papers here and guidelines for authors here. If you struggle to download the template, please e-mail email@example.com so that it can be sent to you.
- No other electronic format can be accommodated in the review process.
- To submit a paper, your extended abstract must first have been approved.
- Papers sent by mail or fax cannot be accepted.
- The papers must be submitted in English.
- The papers must conform to the editorial requirements of RAPDASA.
- Paper authors whose abstracts are accepted, need to submit their papers as soon as possible after abstract acceptance.
- All papers will be subjected to a double-blind peer review process by reviewers appointed by the track directors.
- Information that will identify the authors will be removed from papers before it is sent for review to ensure that the review process is an unbiased blind review.
- Reviewers will have 4 weeks to review a paper.
- Feedback from the reviewers will be communicate by the relevant track directors via e-mail to the first author only.
- We aim to run a fair and unbiased review process, and are open to comments and suggestions. However, due to the limited timescales available, Reviewer and Track Director decisions regarding your submissions must be accepted as final.
- Note that reviewer comments may require rework to the paper, and authors need to plan accordingly.
- Final accepted papers need to be ready for publication in the Conference Proceedings.
- Papers that are not accepted or do not make the publication deadline, will be removed from the conference proceedings, and the author may then be offered the option to present the topic as a presentation only.
- Failure to register as a delegate by the presenting author will automatically imply that the paper will neither be reviewed and included in the Final Program nor printed in the Proceedings.
- A maximum of 2 papers are allowed per registration.
Submission and Review Deadlines:
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts:…….. 31 May 2019
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: ……………… 10 June 2019
- Deadline for submission of full papers:……………….. 12 July 2019
- Feedback on paper reviews:……………………………. 31 July 2019
- Deadline for revised paper submission:………………. 6 September 2019
- Deadline for early bird registration: ……………………14June 2019
- Preconference seminar: …………………………………. 5 November 2019
- Conference:………………………………………………… 6- 8 November 2019
Remember: We give you the option to plan your own submission schedule. If you wait until the last moment to submit an abstract, you will leave yourself very little time to write a paper. Submit abstracts and papers as early as possible, and we will provide feedback to you as soon as possible!