The VUT Southern Gauteng Science and Technology Park houses South Africa’s largest plastics AM facility, employing 11 industrial Additive Manufacturing Technologies, which include Binder jetting, Fused Deposition Modelling and Laser Sintering machines. This facility is augmented by a capable design centre and state of the art toolroom, which collectively offer clients a total product development solution. Also housed within the Science Park is the research arm of the Idea to Product (I2P) lab, as well as a well-equipped footwear learning incubator.
On display will be:
- South Africa’s largest commercial 3D printer, the Voxeljet VX1000.
- South Africa’s largest plastics laser sintering facility.
- Investment casting pattern manufacturing technology, centred on the Voxeljet VX500 3D printer.
- The Idea 2 Product Lab: an entry-level AM facility focussing on research and education.
- The AMP toolroom, producing injection-moulding tooling incorporating AM technologies.
- Reverse engineering and scanning technology used to convert physical geometry into digital data.
- The design centre which integrates industrial design, engineering and additive manufacturing to develop innovative products.
- The footwear learning incubator.
VUT staff will take delegates through the science park facilities, and will be available throughout the conference proceedings to answer any questions.